The entire immigrant crisis in Europe is the result of MANY YEARS of Americans obsessed with owning THINGS and wild consumerism, needing more and more oil at the expense of any damn Middle Eastern company who dared to get in the way of Big Oil. We've bombed them and raped their land and pretty much did anything we wanted just so we can have bigger cars and bigger houses and shiny things. Meanwhile we have a domestic society based on violence: Movies, video games, sports, news reporting about "Shock And Awe" wars ... we eat up violence like it's a tasty morsel, puking out death and destruction when we've had too much, only to return to the table, demanding "More, Sir ... I want more!". We fight about abortion and border walls WHILE PEOPLE IN SERBIA CRAWL THROUGH FUCKING RAZOR WIRE to try to get freedom.
Disgusting. Fucking disgusting.
Thursday, January 01, 2015
I don't make "resolutions", per se, but I do set goals for the year.
Theme for 2015: Fix What’s Broken
- Steps around pool: some are loose
- Buick: Repair or replace
- Stove: Burner doesn't always work
- Water Heater: Doesn't consistently work
- Master Bathroom: Repaint
- Our mattress: Replace
- Crawl space: Add second sump pump
- Front door screen: Replace
- Front windows on the house: Replace
- Whole-house fan: Replace
- Ceiling in laundry room: Paint
- Bathroom fan in downstairs bathroom: Needs finish sanding around it
Goals for 2015
- Build the studio by the end of January
- Have my office organized by the end of January
- Finish writing my book by the end of February
- Repaint downstairs bathroom by the end of February
- Buy a new mattress by the end of May.
- Finish patio, including fence, by the end of May
- Replace the water heater by the end of June.
- Fix crawl space sump pumps by the end of June.
- Scan all dad’s slide by the end of August
- Fix or replace the Buick by the end of August
- Have 100 percent of my CDs available as computer music files, i.e. they will be in the cloud, by the end of September.
- Remodel Master Bathroom by the end of November.
- Read at least 12 books during 2015
- Increase my net worth by *redacted* during 2015
- Earn at least *redacted*
- Make and bottle 180 bottles of wine
- Exercise on at least 156 days
- Take four weeks (28 days) of vacation
- Reduce bodyfat to ten percent or less