Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Regimented Life: Day 9

Monday, June 9, 2014

This is beginning to be a broken record. Do well all day, crash in the evening.

To be honest, I had planned to relax and watch the Stanley Cup Finals Game 3, so I didn't really crash all that much.

But I'm still struggling in the evenings. The combination of fatigue from working all day plus warm weather plus the desire to just hang out with my dear bride makes it very difficult to "do" anything in the evenings.

I'm already seeing where the benefit is; It's from structuring my days. For the past 16+ years, I've been either self-employed or worked from home. As such, I didn't use an alarm clock and just went with the flow during the day. I was successful as far as work goes, but the lack of structure made it easy to skip out on things -- such as being faithful to work out at the gym.

The biggest improvement I've found is that by scheduling my week, I'm getting to the gym by 6:45 AM and hitting the weights. I've already lost some fat and my muscle memory is kicking in -- last night my wife said "Wow! I can see a difference already."

It's nice to feel bigger and stronger again, and I don't intend to let this end for a long time.

I'll continue my experiment, to be sure, but I think I've found the gem in the rough.

I'm scoring yesterday a zero; That puts me at 1/9, or 11 percent.

No comments: