Tuesday, June 03, 2014

Regimented Life: Day 2

Actually, today (Monday, June 2) was the first real day of The Regimented Life. Sunday was mostly preparing and, besides, weekends are made for some relaxing.

The day started out early. I had set my alarm for 6 AM, but I woke naturally at 5:40. I would take advantage of the extra time, later, after my workout.

Got up and got going. I basically adjusted my original schedule back 20 minutes. I hadn’t gone for groceries on Sunday, so I would take advantage of the extra 20 minutes to go to the grocery store. Win!

Got shaved, hopped in the car and headed to the gym. Ahead of schedule. Good.

Had a good legs workout and headed to the Giant supermarket. The extra 20 minutes from the morning was now coming in handy.

Learned something: Groceries stores are pretty much empty at 6:50 AM.

It wasn’t my usual, enjoyable grocery run (I love shopping for groceries and have a trick to make it fun – I’ll post about that soon), but got what I needed and headed home.

The rest of the day ran according to schedule. Got breakfast, showered, was at my desk by 8:15 AM. From then on, the schedules were followed to a “T”, and it was pretty cool.

10:45 AM a snack, lunch was noon until 12:45 (which allowed enough time to eat on the patio and enjoy my wife’s company), afternoon tea at 1:45, and so on.

Dinner was scheduled from 5:00 until 6:30, but I ate and left the house by 5:50 for a meet up in Lancaster.

The meet up meant I didn’t get home until 9:30 PM.

All in all, Day 2 gets a  +1.

So, two successes in two days. That’s how I’m keeping score: 2/2 == 100%.

No comments: