Sunday, June 01, 2014

Regimented Life: Day 1

I prepared for today by making schedules. Today wasn't that highly regimented, although I did schedule 11 AM until 3 PM to work in the yard. That worked perfectly.

I built schedules for workdays and evenings. They're based on events or themes. For example, some schedule titles are:

Workday with Morning Workout
Sunday evening
Evening - Rain
Evening - Productive
Evening - Relationships
etc.

My idea is to pull a workday and match it with whatever type of evening I want to have. My weekends, to be honest, won't be tightly scheduled. They're be more event-driven (e.g. yard work, travel & sightseeing, etc).

I have my meal plan created for this week.

Monday
Breakfast: Protein shake after workout
Lunch: Paleo "lunchable" (basically a sandwich with out the bread)
Dinner: Chicken taco salad

Tuesday
Breakfast: Eggs and kippered herring
Lunch: Lunchable
Dinner: Cabbage, sausage and carrots

Wednesday
Breakfast: Protein shake after workout
Lunch: Lunchable
Dinner: BLT Salad

Thursday
Breakfast: Eggs and kippered herring
Lunch: Lunchable
Dinner: Thai "Hot Plate" (from the book "Well Fed")

Friday
Breakfast: Protein shake after workout
Lunch: Lunchable
Dinner: Salmon on greens with broccoli

Saturday
Breakfast: Bacon & eggs
Lunch: Lunchable
Dinner: Grilled steak, mashed cauliflower and broccoli

Sunday
Breakfast: Bacon & eggs
Lunch: Lunchable
Dinner: Free/Open

I've also set a 1:45 PM daily tea in each schedule, and a 10:45 AM morning snack -- almonds and raisins, or cottage cheese and apple slices.

I have a schedule of what supplements and vitamins to take every day, and at what time. I purchased a vitamin caddy to make things easier when I travel.

So the planning is off to a good start. The real test comes tomorrow (Monday) morning; Can I get my butt out of bed at 6 AM? I've already laid out my workout clothing.

We'll see.

No comments: