Friday, May 30, 2014

The Regimented Month

I’m about to embark on a social/life experiment I’m calling “The Regimented Life”. My intention is to live the month of June, 2014, in a very regimented and scheduled manner.

I’ve identified 22 activities that may occur on a given day. Granted, not all 22 will happen every day, but I hope to hit all of them at least once during the month.

Here’s the list, in no particular order (except number one):

  1. Wake up
  2. Shower, shave
  3. Dress
  4. Breakfast
  5. Meditate
  6. Work out
  7. Work
  8. Cook dinner
  9. Lunch
  10. Home maintenance
  11. Write
  12. Play guitar
  13. Work on my web site
  14. Read
  15. Study/Learn
  16. Get groceries
  17. Relax
  18. Organize an area
  19. Yard work/Cut grass
  20. Social media/Encourage others
  21. Plan my day, week, month
  22. Review my goals; Refine, retire and renew them

This promises to be both exciting and challenging. Will I make it through a day? A week? The whole month? Will I feel imprisoned, or will I have a rush of productivity that sets me free?

The challenge will be intensified by the fact that I’ll be traveling some of the time. What will that bring? Can I adjust to time zone changes? Can it be done? Do I have the will power?

I’ll chronicle my progress (or lack thereof) here. Stay tuned…

No comments: