Monday, September 26, 2011

In Sickness and ...

Last week, a person at work showed no respect nor regard for anyone else and came in all week sick.

I complained, asked the person to leave and not come back until she was well, but my pleading was ignored.

In hindsight, I should have refused to come to the client's site all week and insisted on working from home. Okay, my bad. From now on...

So, of course, Friday I became ill at work. I spent the entire weekend sleeping, lazying, lounging, resting, drinking gallons of water. Not fun.

This morning, I woke up and immediately sent a text to my client that read

My turn to be sick.

His totally inappropriate response?

Ok. See if you can make it in later.

WTF?? No "Take care of yourself and get better" or "Please don't bring it to work".

Nope.

Nothing. Nothing, trumps the Almighty Dollar as God.

No comments: