Sunday, January 02, 2011

Don's Black Bean Dip Recipe

I'll start the year by giving you my recipe for my amazing black bean dip. It's a wonderful dip for when you're watching football or hockey.

Or anything else, for that matter.

Enjoy!

Don's Black Bean Dip

Two cans (15.5 ounces each) of black beans
One small (4 oz.) can of green chili peppers
One garlic clove, minced
One teaspoon cumin powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder (or dried onion flakes or fresh onion)
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons chipotle sauce; I like Pass Out.

Optional: Hot sauce of choice

Real easy; Just dump everything into a food processor and blend until smooth enough to suit your tastes. I use a stick blender and blend it right in the container, so it can be stored in the refrigerator (assuming there are leftovers, which hardly ever happens).


Quick backstory: I fell in love with Desert Pepper Black Bean Dip, but at five bucks a jar I was spending at least $20 a month on the stuff. I checked out the ingredients and did a pretty good job of reverse engineering it.

All The Best,

-- Don

P.S. My next step is to make my own chipotle sauce. I'll work on that in February; January is pretty much booked up.

No comments: