Tuesday, March 18, 2008

The Journey Continues, Uphill Both Ways!

I'm currently studying two "Ways": The Purpose Driven Life and the 81 verses of the Tao Te Ching.

It's amazing to me how the two seem to dovetail together so well. I could go on about that, but I'll not right now.

The Purpose Driven Life (grammar check: shouldn't that be Purpose-Driven Life?) is more of a set of instructions or requirements: The Bible says this or that, your duty is such-and-such. Not in a bad or brow-beating way.

The Tao Te Ching is more of a contemplative look: Think about this, contemplate that, etc etc.

Between the two, personal and spiritual growth is almost guaranteed.

It's not easy; it's as though I'm walking uphill both ways. The rewards, however, are worth it.

All The Best,

-- Don

No comments: