Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Technology Is Incredible

Back in 1979, I cut my teeth in software development (it was called "computer programming" then, and it was part of the work of the "Data Processing Department") on an IBM System/34 minicomputer.
 
This 900-pound monster stood four feet high, 30 inches wide and about five feet deep.
 
It had a massive 27MB hard drive and cavernous 64K of RAM. Wow.
 
$50,000.
 
I did a lot of Accounts Receivable programming. With no support for a Date data type, doing date math was ... fun. Yeah ... fun.
 
Now, in my pocket, I have a Pocket PC phone ... camera ... web browser ... email client ... all that in one compact unit. About the size of a deck of cards.
 
$400.
 
Amazing.

--
Read The Internet's ABSOLUTELY BEST Blog: http://DonV2.blogspot.com

No comments: