Monday, January 10, 2005

Guilty Pleasures

Guilty Pleasures. We all have them. Oreo cookies ... 80's music ... trips to New Hampshire (touche, Chris & Erika!).

It's time for me to come clean.

I enjoy chick movies.

Okay ... no ... I love chick movies. We went to see "Spanglish" over the weekend, and loved it. And, yes ... I cried.

Heck, I cried at the end of Free Willy. And when we watch "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" every Sunday night, I cry at the end. Cry like a baby.

Sensitive New Age Man ... yeah ... that's me, I guess.

But I love chick movies. The romance ... the struggles ... the happy endings. I'm just a big teddy bear when it comes to that stuff.

(I DO draw the line, however: I will NOT watch the Lifetime Network -- which I call The Victim Network")

Okay ... I've fessed up.

What's YOUR guilty pleasure.

All The Best,

-- Don

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The only show I make a point to watch each week is Desperate Housewives. And I watch it for the story, not the scenes of Edie and Gabrielle.

-Matt

Anonymous said...

Veronique LOVES to watch the Lifetime network. I can't stand it. Perhaps what you need is a healthy dose of of "Man Movies" No, I don't mean p0rn. Im talking something like .. Okay, nothing is really out at the moment ,,although I did find this:

http://movies.yahoo.com/movies/feature/fantasticfour.html

or you could try a good 3 Stooges short 8o !

And as far as crying at the end of "Extream Makeover" .. Well I do the same, but it's usually at the end of "American Chopper". 8p

Bob

ps.. I'm visiting family in PA this week, If you're in the lancaster area let me know via here or on my site.

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm ... I watched a bit of Jackass last night, so I'm feeling more MANLY!

Now, I gotta run ... getting a manicure. :-)